Customer Services Apprentice
- Company: South East Water
- Location: Snodland, Kent
- Closing Date: 28-02-2023
As an Apprentice, you’ll use all of your passion, drive and willingness to provide an excellent service. And with lots of variety, you can rest assured that no two days are ever the same. You’ll assist with things like billing enquiries, issuing refunds or setting up payment plans; as well as helping to resolve water supply problems such as leaks and other issues.
Our Customer Service team has been awarded the mark of distinction by the Institute of Customer Service. We’re one of only 18 organisations nationally to be recognised with this prestigious award. So, you’ll be joining a team committed to giving their best.
This is structured 24-month apprenticeship programme with group workshops, individual training and other assignments in addition to learning on the job. You can expect plenty of encouragement and support from your Trainers, Team Managers, Mentors and Buddies on your way to achieving a Customer Service Specialist Level 3 Apprenticeship and securing a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship programme.
If you don’t have much work experience, that’s no problem. We know you’ll bring lots of determination and desire to reach your full potential. So, what’s really important is that you work well within a team and you’re confident speaking to others.
When you come on board you’ll join one of our call centre teams. We’re open Monday to Friday 08:00 – 19:00 and Saturday 08:00 – 13:00. So, you’ll be able to work to a shift pattern that includes 1in6 Saturdays. You’ll have access to your rotas in advance so that you can plan ahead.
You can earn more on top of your salary with monthly and quarterly bonuses paid based on your performance and helping us to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You can expect to earn an extra £3,000 per year on average and up to a maximum of £6,300 in addition to salary. And if that wasn’t enough, there’s plenty of recognition and fun, with regular competitions, individual and team prizes and the opportunity to join in with social and wellbeing events.
About South East Water
Here’s your chance to make a difference to your communities. We’re here to provide today’s public water service and create tomorrow’s water supply solutions, fairly and responsibly, working with others to help society and the environment to thrive.
We deliver 520 million litres of water through 9,000 miles of pipes every day. We draw water from more than 250 boreholes, 6 rivers and 6 reservoirs and we have 83 treatment works to ensure the water we supply is of the highest quality. And, we’re investing £433 million into new resources and innovations during 2020-2025.
What you bring to the role
- As you’ll work onsite to complete the apprenticeship, you’ll live within a commutable distance to our Head Office in Snodland, Kent.
- You’ll have a Grade 4 or above (pass) in Maths and English GCSE or equivalent.
- You’ll have good IT / computer literacy skills
- You’ll have a passion for helping others and delivering the best possible service
- You’re goal focused and enjoy overcoming challenges
- You have excellent time management abilities to complete the apprenticeship
- You’re confident speaking with others and engaging with new and different people.
What you can expect from us
- Excellent Stakeholder pension scheme, up to 10% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday entitlement, increasing to 30 days with length of service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- Wellbeing related benefits