Engineering Apprenticeship – Software Development
- Company: Google
- Location: London
- Closing Date: 18-03-2022
As part of this 24-month apprenticeship, you will join Engineering teams and will be assigned a manager and a host. You’ll start with a 12-week boot camp with our training partner, Makers. You will spend around 20% of your time in off-the-job learning, and the rest can include rotations through multiple teams.
You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers (yes, that’s people working at Google!) to solve real life problems, including exposure to coding, development, testing and project management. You’ll learn how to apply problem solving skills to real life challenges, pick up new technical skills such as programming in multiple languages, learn about software testing and other industry practices and see how software is designed and developed.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Support your team in the development of software based on agreed projects and platforms.
- Follow application and component level design working to standards and patterns agreed by the team leads.
- Consider coding standards and ensure compliance with quality measures.
- Ensure code is tested in accordance with the guidelines provided by the team or your host.
- Undertake training and follow mentoring as specified.
- B grade at A-Level or equivalent qualification in one or more subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Coding experience in any programming language(s).
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.