People (HR) Apprentice
- Company: Canal & River Trust
- Location: Leeds
- Closing Date: 01-07-2022
We are the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water. It takes an extraordinary team to bring our waterways to life and that’s where you come in.
About the Apprenticeship
As a Trust apprentice, you will complete your apprenticeship training both on and off-the-job, including regular attendance at our chosen training provider. All college related travel costs are paid for by the Trust.
About the role
You will be working within our People team, undertaking administration tasks with guidance and support from our experienced and skilled colleagues. You’ll learn how to work as part of a team to meet the Trust’s aims in creating an inclusive environment and culture and deliver people focused solutions to meet our strategic objectives.
What skills and abilities do I need to have?
- We look for candidates who live and breathe our values; Caring, Open, Local, Inclusive and Excellence and have a willingness to learn, enthusiasm and dedication. We are looking for potential.
- You should be IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You should be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
What qualifications do I need to have?
- Ideally grade A-C or grade 9-4 in Maths, English and Science GCSE (or equivalent) already achieved or on target to achieve.
What qualifications or experience would potentially help me more?
- An interest or connection to the waterways network or our wellbeing agenda.
- Any previous experience in a customer focussed environment, potentially through hobbies, work experience or volunteering.
How do I apply?
Please click to apply and complete the application form fully – there is no need to submit a CV.
It is very important that you make use of the Personal Statement section of our application form and tell us all about your motivations & interest, any transferable experience and why you want to come and work for the Canal & River Trust.
Advertised Salary: £18,348