Software Engineering Apprenticeship (Newbury)
- Company: Vodafone
- Location: Newbury
- Closing Date: 28-02-2022
Start date: September 2022
Starting salary: £21,500; with a yearly salary increase & bonus
Location: This role will be based in Newbury. You can only make one application, so please ensure this is your location of choice for the role.
Application close date: 7th February 2022, however, we may close earlier if we have enough game-changing applications, so apply early!
Vodafone is rapidly shifting gears to support the accelerated digital transformation that society is undergoing. You could be one of the 7,000 software engineers that we are on the lookout for, who will lead our way forward as we deliver new generation connectivity globally, at scale, and tomorrow’s digital infrastructure. We have Software teams embedded across Technology including in IoT, Unified Communications, Public Cloud Services, and internal systems. Whichever of our world-class teams you join, you’ll help us realise our vision of the digital future.
As a Software Engineering Apprentice you will be working with production Software Engineering teams, evolving our internal and customer facing systems with real responsibility from day one! You could get involved in;
- Working within an Agile team, working on fast paced projects through all parts of a sprint
- Creating new code across the whole Software Development Lifecycle
- Design software components
- Writing and deploying software to our production systems with your team
- Code testing using automated tools
- Developing user stories
- Immersing in software architectures
Complimenting your hands on experience, with a combination of digital and classroom-based learning, you’ll take modules in Systems Development, Solution Architecture, Designing & Developing Products for the Internet of Things, Planning & Implementing Dev Ops, and more. Though this experience you will develop into a Software Engineering expert who can create new solutions using the latest software development languages, produce and test high quality code, and create robust software designs. All while being a part of a global software brand that is diverse & inclusive, and provides powerful digital products – whenever, wherever and however our customers want them.
At the end of the 3 years, you’ll have a BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital & Technology Solutions, specialising in Software Engineering.
What you will need
- To be 18 years old or over as of 1 September 2022
- GCSE English & Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
- 3 A-Levels including ICT or Maths, gained by September 2022 (or equivalent qualifications in a similar subjects)
- A Level 3 Apprenticeship
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3
- A BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits)
- To be eligible to work in the UK and not in full-time education
- To have lived in the UK and/or EU for three years or more
- To be willing to or be located in England for the duration of the Apprenticeship
You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree or masters in a similar subject).
We’re committed to recruiting the best people, whatever their background. If you have a disability, learning difficulty, medical condition or any other individual need, we’d be happy to talk to you about making reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process that will enable you to be your best.