- Company: Canal & River Trust
- Location: Multiple locations
- Closing Date: 01-07-2022
Who are we?
We are the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water. It takes an extraordinary team to bring our waterways to life and that’s where you come in.
About the Apprenticeship
As a Trust apprentice, you will complete your apprenticeship training both on and off-the-job, including regular attendance at our chosen training provider. All college related travel costs are paid for by the Trust.
About the role
You will be working outside, carrying out maintenance and repair works under guidance from our construction teams. You’ll learn how to work as part of a team by contributing towards the delivery of the annual winter stoppage programme when much of our stonework is undertaken. During your time, you will also learn about the importance of the works we do, lock gate changes, patching and repairs.
What skills and abilities do I need to have?
- We look for candidates who live and breathe our values; Caring, Open, Local, Inclusive and Excellence and have a willingness to learn, enthusiasm and dedication. We are looking for potential.
- This is predominantly an outdoor role. We love the outdoors at Canal & River Trust, and it’s so important that as a member of the team, you enjoy all weathers too!
What qualifications do I need to have?
Ideally grade A-C or grade 9-4 in Maths, English and Science GCSE (or equivalent) already achieved or on target to achieve.
What qualifications or experience would potentially help me more?
- An interest or connection to the waterways network or heritage assets.
- Any general construction experience, potentially through hobbies, work experience or volunteering.
How do I apply?
Please click to apply and complete the application form fully – there is no need to submit a CV.
It is very important that you make use of the Personal Statement section of our application form and tell us all about your motivations & interest, any transferable experience and why you want to come and work for the Canal & River Trust.
- West Midlands: Tardebigge, Worcestershire, B60 1NF
- Yorkshire & North East: Apperley Bridge, Bradford, BD10 0PY
- Wales South West: River Park, Newbury, RG14 2DQ
Advertised Salary: £17,230